As we are all aware, this global pandemic will persist for some time. With the support of UDG Healthcare, Sharp continues to prioritise the health and safety of all our employees whether working from home or at one of our global facilities. We will continue to ensure our employees are protected and valued in their work as together we play our part in safeguarding timely supply of drug products for our clients and above all, their patients.
We continue to review both local and global authority guidance during this unprecedented situation and updating our health and safety procedures in line with that guidance in order to protect our employees, our facilities and our supply chain. This includes the latest Guidance for Industry released from the FDA in June 2020 specific to the evaluation of ‘Good Manufacturing Practice Considerations for Responding to COVID-19 Infection in Employees in Drug and Biological Products Manufacturing’.
Our colleagues have continued to show tremendous dedication and resilience to their work in Sharp and all of us are extremely grateful.
“In this difficult time your plant personnel continues to show up and make our products. It is an easy thing, as a customer to have expectations of a third party producer. It’s another thing to show up to work every day in the midst of a pandemic. For that you have our heartfelt thanks.”Sharp Packaging Client – July 2020
Our COVID-19 senior leader action team meets regularly to review all potential impacts across our global sites and make necessary recommendations.
In conjunction with adhering to WHO, CDC and all local government recommended actions relating to COVID-19, the following processes are now in place across our business:
Sharp continues to make the health and safety of our employees our number one priority. We are very proud of the on-going resilience and commitment shown by all our colleagues, whether working at home or at our facilities, as they continue to ensure the delivery of critical clinical and commercial packaging services for our clients
- All Sharp employees are being directed via an internal communications campaign, to strictly adhere to government guidelines with regard to hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and on-going health self-monitoring.
- We are providing ongoing communications to reinforce the latest CDC and WHO guidelines, which includes a strict no-work policy for anyone who is sick or who has been in contact with others who are sick.
- We are working to ensure, wherever possible, employees have the necessary IT infrastructure and support to work from home, to ensure continuity of service for our clients.
- We have suspended all international travel and limited domestic travel to business-critical only, with VP approval.
- All non-essential visits into and out of Sharp facilities have been suspended, until further notice.
- Any essential visit to Sharp facilities have been restricted and are now subject to strict approval in advance by our Site Leaders at each Sharp location. Our Facility Visitation Process can be reviewed here.
- We have strictly limited movements between facilities on our shared campus for our colleagues.
- We have asked all logistic providers arriving to our facilities to avoid all physical contact with Sharp employees.
- Sharp Visitor Declaration Form
- We are continuously monitoring our supply chain and working closely with component, equipment, PPE and other key suppliers to ensure ongoing supply. At this time we have not identified any significant risks that would adversely affect our ability to supply your products.
- We have completed a comprehensive review and update of our Pandemic Preparedness Plan, as well as our Business Continuity Plan.
- We have completed an assessment to determine which colleagues are able to work remotely without affecting day-to-day operations and verified access and functionality of all necessary systems and applications for potential work-at-home colleagues.
The Sharp Leadership team and our parent UDG Healthcare’s Global Response Team are working together to ensure we are able to offer our employees and our facilities all possible support to allow them to continue to normal operations as this situation develops.
In the meantime, please continue to stay in touch with your usual Sharp point of contact for further updates.