COVID-19 Update: Sharp Packaging US remains open for business
Voor de Nederlandse tekst klikt u hier
All of us at Sharp are aware of the impact that the COVID-19 outbreak is having on our stakeholders including our employees, clients and suppliers. We want to assure you that we, along with our parent company UDG Healthcare plc, are actively monitoring the impact of this outbreak on every aspect of our business. We have taken a number of steps to protect our employees, our facilities and our supply chain during this unprecedented situation.
We have established across Sharp, a COVID-19 senior leader action team that is meeting on a daily basis to review all potential impacts and make necessary recommendations.
In conjunction with adhering to WHO, CDC and all local government recommended actions relating to COVID-19, the following processes are now in place across our business:
- All Sharp employees are being directed via an internal communications campaign, to strictly adhere to government guidelines with regard to hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and on-going health self-monitoring.
- We are providing ongoing communications to reinforce the latest CDC and WHO guidelines, which includes a strict no-work policy for anyone who is sick or who has been in contact with others who are sick.
- We are working to ensure, wherever possible, employees have the necessary IT infrastructure and support to work from home, to ensure continuity of service for our clients.
- We have suspended all international travel and limited domestic travel to business-critical only, with VP approval.
- All non-essential visits into and out of Sharp facilities have been suspended, until further notice.
- Any essential visit to Sharp facilities have been restricted and are now subject to strict approval in advance by our Site Leaders at each Sharp location. Our Facility Visitation Process can be reviewed here.
- We have strictly limited movements between facilities on our shared campus for our colleagues.
- Sharp Visitor Declaration Form
- We are continuously monitoring our supply chain and working closely with component, equipment, PPE and other key suppliers to ensure ongoing supply. At this time we have not identified any significant risks that would adversely affect our ability to supply your products.
- We have completed a comprehensive review and update of our Pandemic Preparedness Plan, as well as our Business Continuity Plan.
- We have completed an assessment to determine which colleagues are able to work remotely without affecting day-to-day operations and verified access and functionality of all necessary systems and applications for potential work-at-home colleagues.
The Sharp Leadership team and our parent UDG Healthcare’s Global Response Team are working together to ensure we are able to offer our employees and our facilities all possible support to allow them to continue to normal operations as this situation develops.
In the meantime, please continue to stay in touch with your usual Sharp point of contact for further updates.