Sharp Clinical UK is delighted to have completed the installation of a 250kWp roof-mounted solar panel project at its Clinical Services Centre of Excellence in Rhymney, UK.
The solar panel system will generate approximately 20% of the site’s total annual electricity requirements, further reducing the company’s carbon footprint and increasing environmental performance. Using the latest solar edge technology, the system is expected to make nearly 2m kgs of carbon savings over its 25-year lifespan, saving the company over £1 million.
According to Mark Evans, Health and Safety Advisor at Sharp Clinical:
The move to our new purpose-built facility has given us the opportunity to review our environmental initiatives and tailor a facility that meets the needs of our customers while also reducing the impact on the environment that we operate in. With the recent introduction of 888 solar panels in partnership with Clean Earth Energy Ltd., we are delighted to have been awarded a grade “B” environmental performance certificate.
Sharp has invested in several environmental initiatives:
- Purchasing energy-efficient plant & equipment from the government’s energy technology list
- Installing PIR (motion sensor) controlled lighting throughout the site
- Reducing water volume systems
- Incorporating heat recovery and heat exchange into the air handling and compressor systems
- A building management system that controls all aspects of the day to day site performance, which supports a regular review of energy used